Fireworks Sheet Pan Salmon with Citrus Salsa and Potatoes
Awww...Salmon...How I love you. This is a super fun and easy dinner option for families on the go. The citrus is a great add. I LOVE SHEET PAN MEALS!
- 1 pound baby potatoes, halved
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 (5-6 ounce) salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, plus 6 orange slices
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 small shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 Fireworks Garlic Butter Burst
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
Citrus Salsa Topper
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1/2 an orange
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the potatoes with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Season with salt and black pepper. Roast for 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Place the salmon on a plate and rub with the oregano, paprika, orange zest, lemon zest, crushed red pepper flakes, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil, rubbing the seasonings evenly into each filet.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and push them to one side of the pan. Put the salmon on the other side. Arrange the shallots and orange slices around the salmon. Place slices of the Fireworks Garlic Butter Burst over the salmon filets. Return the pan to oven and roast for 10 to 20 minutes more, until the salmon is done.
- Meanwhile, make the salsa topper. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and toss to combine.
- To serve, divide the salmon and potatoes between plates. Spoon the salsa over the salmon. Eat and enjoy!