Fireworks Sheet Pan Chipotle Tomato Butter Chicken Shawarma with Sweet Potatoes and Hummus
Bring your family together with this mouthwatering and hassle-free sheet pan meal! Our Mediterranean-inspired chicken and sweet potato bowl is the perfect choice for busy weeknights and delightful family dinners. With just one sheet pan and a handful of wholesome ingredients, you can create a symphony of flavors that will satisfy everyone at the table.
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 Melted Fireworks Chipotle Tomato Butter Burst
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes + 2 tablespoons oil from the jar
- 4 ounces cubed feta cheese
- 2 cups plain hummus, homemade or store-bought
- Extra Toppers: Naan, Persian cucumbers, and fresh dill, for serving
- Preheat your oven to a toasty 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Take out a roomy mixing bowl and combine boneless chicken breasts with olive oil, honey, minced or grated garlic, smoked paprika, ground cumin, crushed red pepper flakes, juice of 1 lemon, 1 Melted Fireworks Chipotle Tomato Butter Burst, kosher salt, and black pepper. Toss well until the chicken is evenly coated with the marinade.
- Now, grab yourself a rimmed baking sheet and lay down the well-seasoned chicken. Add sliced sweet potatoes, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle on toasted sesame seeds, and season with salt and pepper. Tuck in the juiced lemon halves for extra zest.
- Time to work that magic in the oven! Slide that baking sheet in, and let the roasting begin. Give it 40-45 minutes of undisturbed oven time, but at the halfway mark, toss that chicken and sweet potatoes for even cooking.
- While the flavors are blending in the oven, whip up that scrumptious salad. Take baby arugula, sun-dried tomatoes, and add two tablespoons of tantalizing oil from the jar. Toss it all together with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Now, it's showtime! Grab your favorite serving bowls, and with a flourish, spread a hearty portion of creamy hummus into each one.
- Layer it up - roasted chicken, sweet potatoes, and the delightful arugula salad on top. Don't forget to crown it all with cubes of delectable feta cheese.
- And there you have it, a masterpiece in a bowl! Serve it up with soft naan bread, sliced Persian cucumbers, and a sprinkle of fresh dill for that final flourish. Enjoy every mouthwatering bite.