Fireworks Ginger Miso Butter Grilled Shrimp
These make great appetizers for entertaining. You can go with jumbo prawns, medium or small. Due to living in a land-locked state, we go with what we can find in the freezer section...This time we found a size bigger than bay shrimp but smaller than the peel and eat kind. They were great! I'm sure if you're on the coast you'll have much more selection and for that, I'd say go big! More surface area to soak up the delicious marinade! These were awesome with pineapple salsa but you could also do a satay-style peanut sauce if you'd like instead. Bring on the sauce baby! Grill season never tasted so good! Sizzle. spread. boom.
- 2lb shrimp peeled, deveined, tail-off, and uncooked
- 1 Fireworks Ginger Miso Butter Burst, melted
- 1 onion grated
- 2 lemons zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 heaped teaspoon of grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- Defrost shrimp if frozen, rinse them thoroughly and pat dry and place in a large bowl.
- Pour melted ginger miso butter, grated onion, thyme, ginger, garlic, cayenne pepper, and lemon juice and zest into the bowl with shrimp and mix thoroughly.
- Marinate, cover with wrap and leave in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Turn on grill to medium-high heat.
- Once marinated thread the shrimp onto skewers.
- Add the skewers to the grill and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side.