Fireworks grilled courgettes (zucchini) with chickpeas & herbed pesto butter
This is a family favorite. Everyone in my house seems to like grilled zucchini. And somehow everyone in my house seems to like chickpeas. This recipe is a match made in spring and summer heaven because these two ingredients are awesome together with goat cheese and fresh herbs. I adapted this recipe from Jamie Oliver's Grilled Courchette's. We have a garden bursting with fresh herbs right now so I had to take the liberty of adding some to the pesto butter as a fresh take on an already herby sauce.
3/4 of a can of chickpeas
3 zucchini or summer squash (courgettes)
3-4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup goat's cheese
1 Fireworks Basil Pesto Butter Burst
1/2 cup mixed fresh herbs such as dill, oregano, basil, thyme, marjoram
1 lemon for garnish
- Thinly slice the courgettes lengthways. Heat a grill, heavy frying pan or griddle pan over high heat. Brush the courgettes with oil and chargrill for 1 to 2 minutes each side, until tender.
- While the courgettes are grilling, melt the butter burst to liquid. Set aside.
- Chop the fresh herbs and add to the butter. Mix well.
- Arrange the courgettes on a serving plate, scatter over the chickpeas, crumble over the goat’s cheese and drizzle the melted herbed pesto butter over everything.
- Season to taste and serve immediately, with lemon wedges for squeezing over.