Fireworks Citrus Spice Hand Pie
This dessert pastry is decadent and delicious! I'm not one to use puff pastry much, but when I do I'm reminded of how delicious it is. And how hard it is to only eat a little! The light flakey pastry melts in your mouth with the rich bright citrus addictively setting the tone for an unbelievable treat. If you like citrus, this will be your jam!
- 2 sheets of puff pastry
- 5 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 Tbsp heavy whipping cream (for the filling)
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 oz lemon curd
- 1 Fireworks Citrus Spice Butter Burst
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp heavy whipping cream (for the icinging)
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 egg
- In a medium sized bowl, you will want to combine the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract, and heavy whipping cream. Make sure you beat the mixture until it’s smooth and fluffed.
- In another small bowl, you will combine the lemon curd and melted Fireworks Citrus Spice Butter Burst for your citrus filling.
- Next, place an egg in a small bowl, whisk until thoroughly mixed, and then set it aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400 and line a large cookie baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Now you will want to lay out your defrosted pastry sheets. Cut each pastry along the fold line and then across, right in the middle. You will create 8 equal rectangles out of each pastry sheet making 16 rectangles in total.
- In the middle of 8 rectangles, spread about a tablespoon of cream cheese mixture & a tablespoon of citrus mixture over the cream cheese mixture, leaving about 1/4 inch around the edges to seal the pastry.
- Cover the pastry rectangle that has the filling with a pastry rectangle that does not.
- Then use a fork to press along the edges of all the pastries. Use the fork to poke the middle of the top pastry a couple of times to allow for steam to escape.
- Brush each pastry with the egg all over the top.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let the pastries cool for about 5 minutes before adding glaze.
- To make the glaze, in a shallow bowl, whisk powdered sugar with heavy cream until smooth. Add in the lemon zest. Then transfer the glaze into a piping bag or a zip lock bag, snip off a little tip off and drizzle each pastry with glaze
sizzle. spread. boom.