Fireworks Citrus Spice Butter Tarts
I saw this recipe on Food Network's Insta reels and in an instant I knew we needed to try them. Who knew the Canadians were such butter fans!? I didn't know what a butter tart was until I saw that little video. So this dessert is pretty indulgent, flakey pastry, butter, sugar? What could be better?!
- 1 pre-made rectangle puff pastry sheet
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Fireworks Citrus Spice Butter Bursts
- 1 tbsp table or whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- Juice of one orange
- Preheat your oven to 375F and position a rack in the lower third of the oven.
- Roll the dough onto a floured surface. Then cut out as many 4″ circles as you can, making sure to re-roll the scraps. You can also use a cup to help you create perfect circles.
- Next grease the muffin pan really well. Do two times with a cooking spray like Pam. Then place pastry circles into muffin pan and place back in the fridge until ready to fill.
- In a small saucepan, melt the Fireworks Citrus Spice Butter Bursts and brown sugar and orange juice. Remove from heat and stir in the cream and vanilla.
- Then let the mixture cool down until it is cool enough to touch (about 5 minutes) then whisk in the egg.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until crust is lightly golden around the edges and filling is bubbling.
- Let cool completely in the pan. Best way to remove the tarts from the pan is to place a cooling rack (upside down) on top and flip the pan over. Then individually flip each butter tart right side up.
- Set the tarts on a platter and have a feast!