Fireworks Chipotle Tomato Sheet Pan Pizza
Attention, pizza enthusiasts and family foodies! Get ready to embark on a supper fun culinary adventure that'll ignite the taste buds and warm your hearts introducing the Fireworks Chipotle Tomato Sheet Pan Pizza!
Let's face it, who doesn't love pizza? It's a universal favorite that brings joy and smiles to faces of all ages. But this sheet pan version takes the pizza game to a whole new level of excitement! It's a family-friendly feast that's not only delicious but also a perfect opportunity to slow down, bond, and create cherished memories together.
- 1/2 pound pizza dough, homemade or store-bought
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes (or one 14 ounce can crushed tomatoes)
- 4 cloves garlic, 2 whole smashed, 2 grated
- 2 teaspoons fig preserves or use honey
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves (or 2 teaspoons dried)
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 Fireworks Chipotle Tomato Butter Burst
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped, plus more for serving (or 1 tablespoon dried)
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano, chopped (or 1 tablespoon dried)
- 1-2 teaspoons fennel seeds use to your taste
- 1 cup shredded whole milk mozzarella
- 1 cup shredded fontina cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan or asiago cheese
- 3 ounces pepperoni, sliced
- 1. Position the oven rack in the upper 1/3 position. Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F. at least 30 minutes before baking, preferably 1-2 hours ahead. If you have a baking stone, start preheating it.
- 2. Place the ball of pizza dough on a lightly oiled quarter sheet pan. Lightly drizzle olive oil on top of the dough ball. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest for at least 30 minutes, preferably 2-5 hours, if time allows.
- 3. To make the sauce. In a roasting pan, combine the tomatoes, olive oil, 2 cloves smashed garlic, fig preserves, thyme, melted Butter Burst and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Roast in the middle of the oven at 500 degrees F. for 10-15 minutes, until the tomatoes burst. Using a fork, smash the tomatoes down until a chunky sauce forms. Is using canned tomatoes, just simmer on the stove until thickened. Alternately, you can use your favorite marinara sauce too.
- 4. To make the herb seasoning. In a bowl, combine the basil, oregano, 1-2 cloves grated garlic, fennel, and a pinch each of red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
- 5. To assemble. Remove the plastic wrap. Gently press the dough until it covers the entire sheet pan. Drizzle the dough lightly with olive oil. Spread on the sauce, you may not need it all. Top with cheese, then pepperoni. Sprinkle the herb seasoning over top.
- 6. Slide into the preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes, rotate the pizza, and bake another 3-5 minutes or until the crust is golden and the cheese has melted. Top the pizza with fresh basil and addition crushed red pepper flakes. ENJOY!