Fireworks Basil Pesto Butter Salmon en papillotte
This recipe is SO quick and foolproof. For Earth Month, this recipe is great. It's pretty close to perfect protein if you buy farm-raised fish. All in, it takes about 20 minutes for 4 filets.
sizzle. spread. boom.
4 Farm-Raised Atlantic Salmon Filets (skin on)
1 Fireworks basil pesto butter burst
one lemon, sliced
fresh thyme springs (at least 4)
Salt & Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Cut 4 sheets of parchment paper into 12-inch by 16-inch rectangles.
- Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper on both sides and place them in the center of each parchment paper sheet.
- Drizzle each salmon fillet with 1 teaspoon of olive oil, and then place a lemon slice and a sprig of thyme on top of each fillet.
- Slice the Fireworks Chefs butter into 1/8" inch pieces and dot on the filets. Aim for at least two- three per piece.
- Fold the parchment paper over the salmon fillets and seal the edges by crimping and folding the paper tightly. Make sure the packets are tightly sealed so the steam won’t escape while cooking.
- Place the packets on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and let the packets sit for a few minutes before opening them.
- Serve the salmon en papillote straight from the packets or transfer them to plates, being careful not to spill any of the juices inside.
- Garnish with torn fresh basil leaves.