Fireworks Crunchy Chipotle Tomato Chicken Tacos
OMG! These are amazing! We chose corn tortillas, which, if my kids knew, they would have not wanted to try. After eating them, there isn't any doubt, corn tortillas make this recipe! Save even more time by using a rotisserie chicken.
This recipe takes about 20 minutes to prep and 30 to cook. You will definitely be making it frequently! It is that good!
3 cups cooked, shredded chicken, skin and bones removed from 1 rotisserie chicken
1 1/2 Fireworks chipotle tomato butter burst
1 cup green tomatillo salsa or green enchilada sauce
1 small yellow onion chopped
1 can 4 oz diced mild chilis
1 1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
12 corn tortillas
shredded Iceberg lettuce
1. Heat oven or air fryer to 425.
2. Melt the butter in a large skillet on medium heat. Then add the onion and cook 2-3 minutes. Next add the spices, salt, and canned chilis and cook another 2-3 minutes until they are fragrant.
3. Next add chicken and green salsa and mix well.
4. Wet a couple of paper towels and lay out on a plate. Pile the tortillas on and wrap the paper towels around them. Put them in the microwave or oven for a few minutes to make them pliable.
5. Coat a baking sheet with the neutral oil and lay the tortillas on. Place about 1/4 c cheese on each one and spread it out. Then add the chicken mixture and fold over.
6. Bake or air fry for 8-10 minutes each side.